Day 10 -- Goal Setting

Group 1 Christy Chu 3A (6)
Today, a lady from Brescia came to have a lesson with us, talking about Canada. There were also 2 other girls staying with her and one of them also came from Hong Kong and the other has just graduated from Brescia. They both talked about their own experience. I think the activity was well-planned as the girl from Hong Kong might understand us better and the other girl could share with us her experience about the advantages and disadvantages of studying at Brescia. Then, we went to Kustermans Farm to pick blueberries. It was fun and this was my first time picking blueberries. Although it was hot and there were  many insects, I still picked the blueberries successfully. At night, we painted our nails. It was quite interesting as I have never painted nails with such a large group of people. I hope I can keep enjoying the last few days with my teammates.

Group 3 Nicole Lee 3U (17) 
We had three special guests from Brescia today in the morning. They shared some really useful information about the university and I think I'm one step closer to being familiarised with this wonderful place. Then we went to the Berry Farm and did a myriad amount of exhausting exercise, for instance going on the trampoline, rope sliding and car riding. They were all tiring but we had lots of fun, while learning to socialise with new friends during our play and enjoy life by playing hard when we have the chance to. Of course I would not miss out the most representational activity in this farm, which is picking blueberries. I ate more blueberries than the number I actually collected because they were sweet and tasty. At the end of the day, we returned to the lounge at our dorm and had our "Pamper Night"! This was when we had our nails painted, faces caressed, etc. We also watched movies and enjoyed our night being girly and pretty. It was a day of contentment indeed. 

Group 4 Suki Chung 3T (6) 
Today’s theme is about making changes and the day started with the SMART goals lecture. We are planning a project about distributing food for the homeless. When our group discussed this plan, we had different creative ideas. Through discussion, we came up with the best one. We have learnt that we have to respect and listen to others’ ideas. The most exciting part of the day was berry picking in Kustermans Berry Farm. I had a great time in the farm because there are many facilities for us to play in our free time. My favourite one is the trampoline as it felt so bouncy.

Group 5 Kristie Yan 3U (34)
We learnt goal setting this morning and we have learnt the SMART principle to set goals specifically and make them attainable. In the afternoon, we went to Kustermans Berry Farm. As we left at 11:30am, we ate our packed lunch in the berry farm. During lunch, there were a lot of flies and they were stealing our lunch. We felt annoyed so we quickly ate our lunch and picked the berries afterwards. We could only pick a box of berries so we chose the biggest berries as they was the most juicy but not sour. We had a lot of free time so we played in the farm, such as the trampoline, zip line and the swing. It was so hot so we all got sweaty and wet. At night, we had movie night and pamper night, when we got our nails painted when watching “Zootopia”. It was awesome. 

Group 6 Rachel Ng 3S (27)
Today is our tenth day at Brescia. We started the day off with a lesson on making changes to the world around us. We planned our project through SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely, through which we can achieve a common goal step by step. Then, we went to Kustermans Berry Farm for blueberry picking. I have never picked blueberries before and they tasted savory. We enjoyed a lot and it was really an overwhelming experience for all of us. We also visited the farm animals and saw animals such as piglets and cows, which are not commonly seen in Hong Kong. The highlight of the trip were the recreational facilities provided in the farm, such as trampoline, zip line and swings. These facilities were simply a great fun for us as they recalled our childhood memories. The wonderful day ended with shopping at the Masonville Mall nearby. We spent some time there to relax after a day of enrichment and amazement. We await the last two days of fun activities to come.

Group 7 Tiffannie Chan 3S (2)
It is the tenth day in Canada. I am now familiar with the places in Brescia University and I have met a lot of new friends during the trip. Today we went to a berry farm and I like this part the most. I have never picked berries from bushes and it was a fun and unforgettable experience . There are also a lot of facilities for visitors to play with, such as swings, slides and trampoline . In Hong Kong , we don't have time to play and it is rare to see a trampoline. We all enjoyed the time jumping on the trampoline and doing other activities. We felt as if we were transformed back into little kids. I also tried the ice cream there. There were a lot of special flavors rarely found in Hong Kong, such as Niagara Peach and Toasted Smores, which tasted scrumptious. I would like to try it for one more time before I leave Canada. There are only two days left before our flight back home, so I will treasure my time in Canada and apply the leadership skills I have gained here!

Group 8 Hilary Ma 3U (25)
Today we learned about setting goals, which are divided into 2 categories: short term and long term goals. A good goal has to be a SMART goal: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely. I have learnt a lot about setting efficient goals. 
We also visited the farm and picked blueberries and filled up our containers with them. This was the best part of the day as it was extremely fun. Next, we went shopping at Masonville and I bought a lot of stuff. I usually go shopping alone but I hung out with friends this time. As we had different taste and preferences we went to different shops, some of which don't really intrigue the others. I learned that I can't have my own way all the time and we should be considerate. 

Group 9 Tiffany Siu 3U (27)
Today’s theme is goal setting. This morning, we attended an amazing talk given by Chantelle and two other Brescia students on Brescia’s excellence. Eunice is also a student from Hong Kong, thus we understand her sharing about furthering her studies in Canada better. We were then given the chance to elaborate on the design of our project on goal setting, learning more about the importance of thorough planning. 
In the afternoon, we went to the Kustermans Berry Farm. The blueberries were juicy and big, and I vaguely recalled that I couldn’t wait to taste the freshly handpicked berries. Our group even spotted a small rodent running in the bushes. There were also several facilities like the zip line and the jumping pillows, and we saw some farm animals such as goats, sheep and even parrots. It was a fantastic and rewarding experience to pick berries and look at animals we rarely see in Hong Kong. It was a fulfilling day. 

Group 10 Charleen Lau 3P (17) 
Today was the tenth day of the Brescia tour, so far, we enjoyed ourselves. In the morning, we had a talk given by the Brescia Team about Canada universities, this talk helped me to know more about Canadian schools. Then, we went to the Kustermans Berry Farms where we handpicked the blueberries and saw a lot of animals. We all enjoyed every part of the visit. Moreover, there were a lot of fun games such as zipline, trampoline .etc. I think that it was n interesting experience because there are not many farms like this in HK. We also went to Masonville Mall to shop. The mall was really big compared to the malls in HK, hence there were also many shops that you can only find in Canada. Time flies, it is nearly the end of the trip, and I will miss here.



















留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Day 11 -- Making Change

Day 9 -- Teamwork